Mr. Allen is a member of the firm working out of the Chattanooga office, having joined the firm in January 2004, when he merged his practice from his prior firm where he had been a partner for over 20 years.
Mr. Allen's practice emphasizes the defense of civil litigation with concentration in construction, premises liability, products liability and railroad litigation. He represents one of the largest homebuilders throughout the states of Georgia and Tennessee, has represented numerous other residential and commercial contractors and engineering firms, represents a major railroad company, and the world's largest fast food company.
Representative Client Work
Mr. Allen has tried approximately 135 jury trials in 34 years, including:
- Successfully defending a major bank in a $100 Million fraud case in a (3) week jury trial
- Successfully defending a major railroad in a $15 Million property damage and lost profits case relating to flood damage;
- Obtained a zero verdict for a commercial contractor in an arbitration case involving failed concrete in a new parking garage and condominium project;
- Has successfully represented numerous large commercial contractors and engineering firms in various construction defect and construction accident site cases;
- Obtained defense verdicts in (2) major railroad cases (wrongful death & career ending injury) where mid-six figure offers were rejected;
- Successfully defending a major fast food company in a claim of permanent loss of taste from an allergic reaction;
- Represented a national homebuilder in numerous construction defect cases throughout Tennessee and Georgia;
- Represented various insurance carriers in cases involving product liability claims, premises liability, food liability, trucking claims, etc.
Tennessee and Georgia Federal and State Courts; U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; and United States Supreme Court.
- Member of Chattanooga, Tennessee and Georgia Bar Associations
- The Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Youth baseball and basketball coach
- Board member of residential community and condominium Homeowners Associations
Publications and Lectures
Mr. Allen has lectured on construction law, premises liability and trial techniques. He has also authored the Tennessee Section of the American Law Firm Association Construction Law Compendium.